The Congress will focus on the analysis of the challenges and needs of the European regulatory environment in the face of technological advances in Artificial Intelligence and the digital economy, the opportunities which they offer and the risks which they entail. The Congress will seek to establish its work programme in an inter-state context, taking into account the need for inter-state action where necessary, consistent with the EU’s key concepts of subsidiarity and proportionality. The overall economic context is the starting point for this rigorous analysis.
- Guided tour around Oxford.
- The challenge of Artificial Intelligence.
- Brexit: is it the final denouement? Six weeks to go until the new exit day of 31 October.
- The Digital Revolution and the Global Economy.
- Knowledge and scientific progress: the state of the art in Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Digital Identity, Blockchain and other disruptive technologies.
- Investment and financial knowledge area (I). Digital disruption in Investment, Paradigm Shifts.
- Investment and financial knowledge area (II). Socially Responsible Investing, (Sri). The ethical implications of technological changes.
- Regulatory challenges (I): Consumer protection and competition.
- Regulatory challenges (I): Big Data: Data protection.
- Regulatory challenges (III): Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Economy: Legal & business implications for Industry 4.0
- Regulatory challenges (IV): Big Tech Banking: regulation.
- Tax challenges that have arisen for the digitalised economy.
- The European Court of Justice’s development of its jurisprudence in respect of digital advances.
- María ÁLVAREZ CARO, Public Policy & Government Relations Manager Spain, Google, Law PhD
- Senén BARRO AMENEIRO, Scientific director of the CiTIUS-Research Center in Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela
- Joe CASSIDY, Lead Partner for Global Market Infrastructure, Lead Partner Brexit, Lead Partner Data Ethics, KPMG UK
- Ben CONSTABLE-MAXWELL, Head of Sustainable & Impact Investing, M&G Investments.
- Gareth DAVIES, Head of Responsible Investment Solutions, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Miguel DE LA MANO, Executive Vice President, Compass Lexecon’s Brussels office
- Manuel DESANTES, Professor of Private International Law, University of Alicante. Of Counsel, Elzaburu SLP.
- Juan ESPINOSA, General Director/CEO, Directorate-General for Gambling Regulation, Ministry of Finance, Spain
- Professor Luca ENRIQUES, Allen & Overy Professor of Corporate Law, Oxford University
- Cani FERNÁNDEZ VICIÉN, Director of the Community Law and Competition Group, Cuatrecasas
- Javier FERNÁNDEZ-LASQUETTY, Partner at Elzaburu SLP, specialised in Intellectual Property and ICT, Elzaburu. Member of Fide Foundation’s Academic Council
- Gonzalo GÁLLEGO HIGUERAS, Partner in the Intellectual Property, Media and Technology practice, Hogan Lovells
- Victor GARCÍA PASTOR, CEO, Crypto-Pay.
- Mark HAWTIN, Investment Director, GAM Investments.
- Paul HENNINGER, Senior Managing Director Forensic & Litigation Consulting, FTI Consulting.
- Gloria HERNÁNDEZ, Partner, Finreg360.
- Pedro JÁCOME, Director, GAM Investments.
- Ros KELLAWAY, Global Head of Competition and Regulation (and Brexit), Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP.
- Patricia LAMPREAVE, State aid and EU tax expert. Accredited Tax Professor, Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, IEB, Madrid. Former policy officer (on-leave) in fiscal state aids, DG Competition, European Commission. Member of Fide Foundation’s Academic Council.
- Anthony LAWLER, GAM Systematic and Cantab Capital Partners.
- Sir Stephen LAWS, KCB, QC (hon), barrister. Formerly First Parliamentary Counsel (2006-2012). Senior Research Fellow at Policy Exchange and Senior Associate Research Fellow at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS).
- Christopher MUTTUKUMARU, CB DL, barrister. Formerly General Counsel, UK Department for Transport. Consultant, Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP. Member of FIDE Foundation’s Academic Council.
- Professor Ulla NEERGAARD, Professor of EU Law, Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen.
- Alejandro NEUT, Lead Economist, BBVA.
- Jorge PADILLA, Senior Managing Director and Head, Compass Lexecon Europe.
- María Dolores RAMOS MARTÍNEZ, Business and Digital Regulation Director, Banco Santander.
- Lasse ROUHIAINEN, International expert on Artificial Intelligence, Disruptive Technologies and Digital Marketing.
- Laura SACRISTAN, Chief Commercial Officer, Bolsas y Mercados Españoles, BME.
- Lupe SAMPEDRO, Partner, Privacy & Data Protection, Bird & Bird.
- Daniel SARMIENTO, Professor of Administrative and European Union Law at Universidad Complutense of Madrid. Of Counsel, Uría Menéndez. Former legal secretary at the Court of Justice of the EU. Member of Fide´s Academic Council.
- Sir Nigel SHADBOLT FRS, Principal of Jesus College, Oxford; Professorial Research Fellow in Computer Science at Oxford University; chair of the Open Data Institute.
- Francisco URÍA, Head Partner of financial services at KPMG for the region of EMA and Senior Partner at KPMG Abogados. Member of Fide Foundation’s Academic Council
- Christopher Muttukumaru, CB DL, barrister. Formerly General Counsel, UK Department for Transport. Consultant, Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP. Member of FIDE Foundation’s Academic Council.
- Cristina Jiménez Savurido, President and Founder, Fide Foundation.
Victoria Dal Lago Demmi, Academic Coordinator, Fide Foundation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Carmen Hermida Díaz, Managing Director. Fide Foundation. email@example.com